Re: [v3 0/3] Introduce Raptor Lake S

On 06/12/2021 04:29, Srivatsa, Anusha wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 3, 2021 2:57 PM
To: Srivatsa, Anusha <anusha.srivatsa@xxxxxxxxx>; intel-
gfx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: x86@xxxxxxxxxx; dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Ingo Molnar
<mingo@xxxxxxxxxx>; Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxxxx>; Dave Hansen
<dave.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Joonas Lahtinen
<joonas.lahtinen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Nikula, Jani <jani.nikula@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [v3 0/3] Introduce Raptor Lake S

On 03/12/2021 06:35, Anusha Srivatsa wrote:
Raptor Lake S(RPL-S) is a version 12
Display, Media and Render. For all i915 purposes it is the same as
Alder Lake S (ADL-S).

The series introduces it as a subplatform of ADL-S. The one difference
is the GuC submission which is default on RPL-S but was not the case
with ADL-S.

As a side note, not a blocker of any kind, I am slightly disheartened but the
confusion of ADL_P and ADL_S being separate platforms, but then RPL_S is
subplatform of ADL_S. Maybe it is just me not being able to keep track of
things.

All patches are reviewed. Jani has acked the series.
Looking for other acks in order to merge these to respective branches.

Which branches would that be for this series? First two to drm-intel-next and
last one to drm-intel-gt-next? Is that complication needed and/or worth the
effort?

Tvrtko,
  All three have to land to drm-intel-next. The last one has dependency on the first patch and is a trivial change.

One more ack for a good measure:

Acked-by: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin@xxxxxxxxx>

Regards,

Tvrtko