Re: Sparsely populated TTM bos

Hi Thomas,

Am 19.11.21 um 15:28 schrieb Thomas Hellström:
Hi, Christian,

We have an upcoming use-case in i915 where one solution would be sparsely populated TTM bos.

We had that at one point where ttm_tt pages were allocated on demand, but this time we'd rather be looking at multiple struct ttm_resources per bo and those resources could be from different managers.

There might theoretically be other ways we can handle this use-case but I wanted to check with you whether this is something AMD is already looking into and if not, your general opinion.

oh, yes I've looked into this as well a very long time ago.

At that point the basic blocker was that we couldn't have different cache setting for the same VMA, but I think that's fixed by now.

Another thing is that you essentially need to move the LRU handling into the resource like I already planned to do anyway.

Regards,
Christian.

Thanks,
Thomas