CONFIG_DRM_FBDEV_OVERALLOC seems to have no effect.

There seems to be a difference in behavior of CONFIG_DRM_FBDEV_OVERALLOC a.k.a. drm_kms_helper.drm_fbdev_overalloc (cmdline param) between my NOUVEAU system and my i915 system.  On my NOUVEAU system, specifying drm_kms_helper.drm_fbdev_overalloc=200 (as opposed to the default of 100) doubles the yres_virtual resolution as reported by fbset or the ioctl FBIOGET_VSCREENINFO.  However, on my i915 systems, no effect is observed.  I would be surprised if I've managed to stumble across an actual kernel bug, but since these features are relatively new, I figured I'd ask about it.