Re: DG1 VRAM question

On 6/26/20 12:14 AM, Lucas De Marchi wrote:
Cc Matt and Daniele

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:38 PM Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can't figure this out easily so I'd thought I'd just ask, but does
DG1 have VRAM > PCIE aperture, I'm not sure I've see any mention of

We'd need to go via lmem since there's no mappable aperture. There are
a few patches in tree for that
(see e.g. 54b512cd7a6d ("drm/i915: do not map aperture if it is not
available.")) but more missing.

To clarify, although the legacy aperture mapping that allowed the CPU to access memory via the GGTT for swizzling is gone, VRAM/LMEM is still cpu-mappable via pci bar. Will leave the questions about possible trashing to Matt as he's more familiar than me with how this works.

Daniele

Lucas De Marchi

mappable VRAM vs non-mappable in patches, is it planned to just thrash
the aperture if userspace ever ties to map too much of it.

Are pagetables stored in the visible RAM space?

Dave.