Policy for dealing with CI failures?

Hi All,

I'm wondering if there are any (unwritten) guidelines for how to deal with CI
failures. Although it is great to have such an extensive CI systems, it seems
to result in quite many false-positives.

After a couple of resubmits I've gotten 2 patch-sets to pass the BAT tests,
but both have failed the IGT tests on what I'm reasonably sure are unrelated
failures.

Some examples:

This single patch series has a Reviewed-by and I would like to push it to
dinq, but it keeps failing CI:

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/69902

This is a new series, which still needs reviews, etc. but it too is
currently failing CI for what are likely reasons which are unrelated to
the series:

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/70945/

So my main, generic question is how am I supposed to deal with these
cases. Resubmit with a [CI] prefix in the subject until things pass?
Take a good look at the CI results and then use common sense?

Have it at least pass BAT and use common sense for IGT?

Regards,

Hans