Re: PROBLEM: i915 causes complete desktop freezes in 4.15-rc5

Quoting Alexandru Chirvasitu (2018-01-03 21:53:15)
> All right, here's the dmesg from the kernel compiled from drm-tip (in
> sync with upstream at the time of the compilation earlier today), with
>
> CONFIG_DRM_I915_DEBUG_GEM=y
>
> I crashed it by opening 20+ xterm windows. Doesn't always do it though
> (tried this before).

Sorry, still stumped. It's still the same use-after-free and no asserts
hit. Can you keep KASAN enabled but disable slab/page poisoning? Hmm, I
think it has to be page poisoning doing the 0x6b as SLAB_POISON is
disabled by default. (You could check by enabling slabstats can looking
in sysfs.) My goal is to get that kasan trace telling me who about the
freed object.
-Chris