Re: i915 memory allocation failure..

On Mon 05-06-17 10:04:35, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Quoting Linus Torvalds (2017-06-05 05:26:06)
[...]
> > Maybe we want some middle ground between "retry forever" and "don't
> > try at all". In people trying to fight the "retry forever", we seem to
> > have gone too far in the "don't even bother, just return NULL"
> > direction.
>
> I wanted something like Michal's __GFP_MAYFAIL just to give up before we
> finally invoke oomkiller.

OK, I will make sure to CC on my new submission. I plan to post those
patches sometimes this week. It would help to send me a patch or two
which would use the new flag in your code so that I can add it/thme to
the series and add some other explamples for the justification?

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs