Re: New "RPM wakelock ref not held during HW access" in 4.12-rc1 ?

Hi,

On 26-05-17 10:55, Jani Nikula wrote:
On Fri, 26 May 2017, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 18-05-17 15:59, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 16-05-17 12:34, Jani Nikula wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017, Ville Syrjälä <ville.syrjala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
mn Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:47:48AM +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:
On Mon, 15 May 2017, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm seeing this on suspend/resume on a GPD-win,
cherrytrail z8700 device:

<snip>

ebf5f921478b ("drm/i915: Stop pretending to mask/unmask LPE audio
interrupts") is a more likely candidate.

I can confirm that that patch does fix this.

Is that applicable to v4.12-rc1?

I added it to my 4.12-rc1 based tree with a simple git cherry-pick
without any conflicts, so from a does it apply pov yes it is
applicable. If it is a good idea to merge it into 4.12-rc#, I don't
know.

I've been running with commit ebf5f921478b cherry picked into my
kernel for a while now on multiple Bay and Cherry Trail devices,
and it fixes the below oops on suspend resume.

Can we get this commit cherry-picked into fixes please ?

Done, with your Tested-by. I expect it to hit -rc4.

Thank you.

Note this is masking the other oops I reported since we only report
one of these per suspend/resume, which is likely why no-one else is
reporting the other oops.

I fail, what's the other oops?

https://www.spinics.net/lists/intel-gfx/msg128453.html

Regards,