Re: Newbie questions on compiling Cyrus imapd

Thanks, ellie!

The web page at http://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/developer/compiling.html is confusing me in a couple of places:

I want to do jmap, so under Optional Dependencies, I ran the command:

./configure --enable-http --enable-calalarmd --enable-jmap

This fails with the error:
configure: error: --enable-jmap requires --enable-xapian

Easy enough, I just add --enable-xapian but it might be good to show that in the instructions.

Then the next step is Compile, right? Under Compile, the web page shows an autoreconf command and another, much more complex, ./configure command. Not being familiar with configure, I thought that perhaps the options were cumulative, but apparently this configure command overrides what I had just done to enable jmap, etc.

I guess I'm supposed to just make and not do the other stuff. Well actually make clean and make, since I have been fiddling with the configure options.

I get some errors about not being able to build the online docs because of missing dependencies, but I'm not too worried about that.

make install gives some errors about not being able to install in the /perl/annotator directory. Is that a problem?

-Jim