Re: Shared addressbook

Hi Chris,

> Would you happen to know the URI for the global addressbook? I've tried /dav/addressbooks/shared and that doesn't work. Is there a global user that I'm not aware of?

It is that URL (though I think the server is happier if you put a trailing slash after the name of the address book), but because Thunderbird relies entirely on resource discovery for DAV (since version 102 IIRC) there's no way to convince it to use the full exact URL. I even tried hacking the config; it won't use a URL that isn't visible through discovery.

If you have a mail client with low-level DAV support that will use your URL literally (say, Outlook with CalDavSynchronizer) then the URL you gave should* still work.  (* We no longer support Outlook at $dayjob so it too may have changed since we migrated off it two or three years ago.)

There's no global user, and global DAV resources like calendars and addressbooks don't even belong in domain namespaces like users do.

That issue I linked to is probably where you'll find resolution, but progress on it has been slow. Fastmail (the most well-known commercial service running Cyrus), for the record, doesn't use shared-public DAV resources at all; I'm guessing that Fastmail shared contacts are implemented as a magical-named normal user within the domain, perhaps because public DAV resources have no domain namespacing.