Re: Strange problem with Sent box

Hello Simon and others,

Op 24-01-2024 om 14:29 schreef Simon Matter:
Hello,

I am experimenting with Cyrus 3.6.1 from Debian Stable, newly installed
so not an upgrade.

Cyrus works well, I see the mail in the Inbox on my client (Thunderbird)
and I can remove it, etc.

But I have a strange problem: when I sent a message from Thunderbird it
is sent successfully to the SMTP server, but it does not arrive in the
Sent box. Thunderbird shows me a popup box about this but the box
doesn't disappear even after 5 minutes. In Thunderbird I don't see a
Sent box. When I go to subscribe, Thunderbird is very slow and doesn't
show me the boxes.

I create the mailboxes with cyradm using a script, something like:
cm user.test
cm user.test.Sent
cm user.test.Junk

I'm not sure but I thought Thunderbird creates such folders on its own?

In the past I had some problems with it. When I remember well the default configuration used a local folder for the Sent messages when there was no Sent folder.

etc.

When I do "lm user.test" in cyradm then I see them correctly.

Can somebody help me with this?

So, how is the profile configured in TB concerning sent messages? Is it
congfigured to put the sent messages into a sent folder on the server?

The Sent folder of the account is used.

I did found the problem. It was a SSL problem!

In Debian12 the group "ssl-cert" does not have access to the letsencrypt certificates anymore. And Cyrus is not root.

After fixing the letsencrypt problems, the problem with the Sent box is gone.

Thanks for looking at my problem!

With regards,
Paul

Regards,
Simon

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

BTW: I also saw version 3.8.1 in Debian backports, I could use that but
packages in backports can upgrade to a newer version, are less tested,
and don't have extended security support, so I prefer 3.6.1.
If it's better to use 3.8.1, please tell why.

https://vandervlis.nl/

https://vandervlis.nl/