How to fix "XXX - this is a noop right now - needs to update mailboxes.db"

I am attempting to recover from the problem created after the change to DebianBookworm - described here https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1037346

That bug report points to a script, https://github.com/jaymzh/recover-cyrus/blob/main/README.md

For one of the first users I've restored mailboxes like this, I have  a folder "Sent Messages" that should show some 70 messages.  But the mail client shows none.

I then ran (as user cyrus) /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -f user.thisuser
which returns:
user.thisuser

but no messages

I then ran it again /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -k -r -f user.thisuser
which returns

$ /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -r -f user.thisuser
user.thisuser
user.thisuser.Deleted_Messages
user.thisuser.Drafts: update acl from header thisuser lrswipkxtecdan => thisuser lrswipcda
XXX - this is a noop right now - needs to update mailboxes.db
user.thisuser.Drafts
user.thisuser.Sent: update acl from header thisuser lrswipkxtecdan => thisuser lrswipcda
XXX - this is a noop right now - needs to update mailboxes.db
user.thisuser.Sent
user.thisuser.Sent Messages
user.thisuser.Sent_Messages: update acl from header thisuser lrswipkxtecdan => thisuser lrswipcda
XXX - this is a noop right now - needs to update mailboxes.db
user.thisuser.Sent_Messages
user.thisuser.Spam: update acl from header thisuser lrswipkxtecdan => thisuser lrswipcda
XXX - this is a noop right now - needs to update mailboxes.db
user.thisuser.Spam
user.thisuser.Trash: update acl from header thisuser lrswipkxtecdan => thisuser lrswipcda
XXX - this is a noop right now - needs to update mailboxes.db
user.thisuser.Trash

What is the recommended way to update the mailboxes.db?