Re: Authentication and authorization with OpenLDAP; hashed passwords

Am Sonntag, 25. Juni 2023, 13:19:05 CEST schrieb PFiver via Info:
> I would like to use cyrus-imap as a relaying and forwarding SMTP MTA, IMAP
> mail and Cal/Card*DAV server for personal use. It will run in a small VM
> that serves no more than  10 user.
Just a side note (simplified):

cyrus-imapd is not a SMTP MTA. For this purpose, soem SMTP MTA solution like
exim, postfix, sendmail etc. is typically used "together" with cyrus-imapd.
cyrus speak lmtp ("local" mail transfer) with them to get fed with incoming
emails.

For User authentication in Cyrus, i would expect to use
Cyrus -> PAM -.> LDAP or ponetially
Cyrus -> SASL -> GSSAPI -> LDAP
as a typical solution (but never did it byself yet).

look at i.e.:
https://www.cyrusimap.org/sasl/sasl/faqs/openldap-sasl-gssapi.html

hth,

niels.