Authentication and authorization with OpenLDAP; hashed passwords

Hello all

I would like to use cyrus-imap as a relaying and forwarding SMTP MTA, IMAP mail and Cal/Card*DAV server for personal use. It will run in a small VM that serves no more than  10 user.

Authentication and authorization shall be based on {ARGON2} hashed authentication credentials and group membership records that are kept in an OpenLDAP directory server.

Unfortunately I could not find any straightforward example on how to do this in the documentation.

A setup with a simple bind for authentication and a second, anonymous or admin bind for group membership lookups, would seem like a good option for me, as e.g. performance is not really a top priority.

I would be more than happy if anybody could point me towards some example configuration and/or clear instructions on how cyrus-imap needs to be configured in order to achieve this. Thank you very much!

Cheers -Patrick