weird cyrus-imapd 3.6 vs roundcube behavior

Hello.

Yeah, I understand that from the subject it already looks like a roundcube issue, so I thought too, but give it a chance :)

Long story long:

1) Freshly installed cyrus-imapd 3.6, no upgrade of mailstore. A mailbox with bunch of folders, with freshly received messages. Roundcube 1.6, Thunderbird (some recent), all-in-sync, IMAP. Roundcube shows everything. TB shows everything.

2) I copied a couple of thousands of old messages from public IMAP server. Roundcube stops seeing new messages, showing only copied ones, and newly received ones (that were received after copying was over). TB shows all three kinds of messages.

3) "Okay, that's some sort of rcube/php cache !". Cheched that out: php-fpm opcache is off (restarted the php-fpm), fcgi cache is off (disabled), nginx cache is off (disabled), rcube claims it's caches are off. Also checked the actual cache stores: nginx - no plain cached files, no fcgi cached files, rcube - all cache tables in mysql are empty.

4) reconstruct -G does nothing to improve this.

5) if I move the messages that rcube doesn't see between IMAP folders in TB (create new temp folder, move "invisible to rcube messages there with TB, then move them back) - rcube starts to see these.

6) rcube/cyrus-imap3.6 logs shows no errors regarding these messages.

7) the message sync in TB is off, so it clearly shows the messages from the server, not any kind of "cached but deleted ones" (the situation with moving messages also proves this).

Any ideas of whats wrong ?

Thanks.

Eugene.