Re: Trouble with replication via IMAP

Hi Nels,

Did you somehow turn off "sync_try_imap" (in imapd.conf on the primary)?  It should be on by default unless it's configured to be off.  If it's on (by default or otherwise), sync_client will always try to make an IMAP connection to the replica before falling back to CSYNC if that fails.  If it's off, it will only try CSYNC, which requires sync_server to be running on the replica.  It sounds like your sync_client is only trying CSYNC, which makes me think "sync_try_imap" is turned off.

Here's the relevant paragraph from the imapd.conf(5) man page:

          sync_try_imap: 1
              Whether sync_client should try to perform an IMAP connection before fall‐
              ing back to csync.  If this is set to "no",  sync_client  will  only  use
              csync.  Prefix with a channel name to apply only for that channel

Cheers,

ellie