Re: undocumented http_modules

Dne 08. 12. 22 v 23:33 ellie timoney napsal(a):
Hi,

On Thu, 8 Dec 2022, at 9:48 PM, Vladislav Kurz wrote:
I could not find any info about some of them: admin, cgi, domainkey,
prometheus.

The "prometheus" httpmodule is part of the setup to get metrics from Cyrus into Prometheus (https://prometheus.io).  The best documentation for it is the promstatsd(8) man page, the 3.2 version of which is on the web at: https://www.cyrusimap.org/3.2/imap/reference/manpages/systemcommands/promstatsd.html
See also the various "prometheus_..." options in the imapd.conf(5) man page.

I believe "admin" is some kind of browser-based administration interface.  I don't know much about it, I'm not aware of it being documented anywhere, and "admin" is not a very useful search term.  As far as I understand, if you enable this option, then httpd will start serving a "[your ip or domain]/admin/" URL which can show some administrative information.  I don't think it lets you do anything, but I don't know.  You probably only want to enable this for a httpd that's running on a local interface, not a publicly visible one.

Thanks for the hint, this is what it does:

if you log in as normal user, you get just blank page.
as admin (defined in imapd.conf), you can see:

- running services (see who is connected to IMAP/POP3/...)
- spool partition disk usage
- configuration (imapd.conf) in tabular form, with current and default values (including those that are not in the conf file)

Just boolean values are shown in very confusing manner. It is always a checkbox with "on" next to it. Checkbox shows if that option is current on or off. The text "on" shows in bold if it is enabled by default.

IMHO it would be better to show as "radio-button" with on and off clearly displayed. E.g. like the search_engine, or expunge_mode is shown.

--
Best regards
        Vladislav Kurz