Re: undocumented http_modules

Hi,

On Thu, 8 Dec 2022, at 9:48 PM, Vladislav Kurz wrote:
> I could not find any info about some of them: admin, cgi, domainkey,
> prometheus.

The "prometheus" httpmodule is part of the setup to get metrics from Cyrus into Prometheus (https://prometheus.io).  The best documentation for it is the promstatsd(8) man page, the 3.2 version of which is on the web at: https://www.cyrusimap.org/3.2/imap/reference/manpages/systemcommands/promstatsd.html
See also the various "prometheus_..." options in the imapd.conf(5) man page.

I believe "admin" is some kind of browser-based administration interface.  I don't know much about it, I'm not aware of it being documented anywhere, and "admin" is not a very useful search term.  As far as I understand, if you enable this option, then httpd will start serving a "[your ip or domain]/admin/" URL which can show some administrative information.  I don't think it lets you do anything, but I don't know.  You probably only want to enable this for a httpd that's running on a local interface, not a publicly visible one.

I don't know what the other two are.

Cheers,

ellie