Sieve discard

What does the {discard;} action mean in Sieve language? The reference states quite clear:

Discard is silent, it does not return a non-delivery notification of any kind.

Unfortunately, my server discards spam for me, but always sends an error message by email. Even for obvious spammers, despite of the following rule in my script:

if address :is ["from", "sender"][
"amazon@xxxxxxxxxx",
"billgates@xxxxxxxxxxx",
"coupons@xxxxxxxxxx",
"e-tax.nta.go.jp@xxxxxxxxx",
"e-tax.nta.go.jp@xxxxxxxxxxx",
"e-tax.nta.go.jp@xxxxxxxxxxx",
"noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
"sales04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
"smtp@xxxxxxxxxx",
"test@xxxxxxxx",
]{ discard; }

What am I doing wrong?

Such replies are quite dangerous because they quote URLs and other spam stuff.