Manual Backup & Restore Procedures

I'm new to Cyrus-IMAP and am starting to look at the backup and restore procedure for our new mail server.

The documentation currently describes the inbuilt backup tools as experimental and unsuitable as a primary solution.

Given this, is there a guide or set of notes that will help in creating manual backup and restore processes? I want to make sure I don't omit something significant.

---

We are using IMAP, CalDAV, and CardDAV with virtual domains.

MTA: Postfix
Auth: saslauthd

Debian v11.2
cyrus-caldav 3.2.6-2+deb11u1