Re: updating from 2.4(!) to modern cyrus, some tech questions

Before I go any further, I have in the past used NetBSD and pkgsrc, but it seems to be stuck at 2.4.20(!).

If I want to stay in the BSD'ish world, what is a good choice to run Cyrus IMAP on?  I have some affection for NetBSD, but if there's a compelling reason to move to something else, that can run with the same level of stability.  I guess if I tried on OpenIndiana (not exactly BSD! but also an OS I'm familiar with) would I be pretty-much on my own? I haven't found any OI packages for it.

Anyone here running recent/current versions on OpenBSD? FreeBSD? Or should I just bit the bullet and use CentOS or some other stable-ish Linux version?

Carl