application specific passwords for Cyrus

Hello, we are using SQL authentication and I'm wondering if anyone has implemented application specific passwords with Cyrus and SQL? I've tried entering multiple rows in our database and SASL seems to only pick the first one (and ignores subsequent SQL records).

Dovecot seems to support multiple SQL entries by using queries that include the %w variable: (variables listed at https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/config_file/config_variables/#config-variables)

driver = mysql
connect = host=localhost
dbname=mail_db
user=dovecot
password=********
default_pass_scheme = PLAIN
password_query = SELECT password, user FROM dovecot_passwords WHERE username = '%u' AND password=password('%w')

However, I don't see an equivalent variable available in the Cyrus SASL documentation at https://www.cyrusimap.org/sasl/sasl/pwcheck.html

Is there one? Is there any workaround?

Thanks,
--Blake