Re: Cyrus IMAP 3.4.0 released

Hi Anatoli,

> Ellie, could you please let us, the users, know if the changes needed
> to implement master-master replication are included in this release?

If it were clear to me that master-master replication was now safe, I would have listed it as a feature in the release notes. ;)

I'm not directly certain what is or isn't remaining to make this work, but, it's worth observing that even if the right code is now in place, afaik nobody has used it in this way, so I'm not going to tell people they should start relying on it.

If you're willing to experiment on the side, it might work with bugs (which can be fixed once found), or it might not be complete (and such limitations can be addressed once identified).  Either way, feedback from actual usage would be very useful!

But for production purposes, I would assume that 3.4 does not support master-master replication, and stick with the traditional replication schemes.

Cheers,

ellie