higher modseq on replica

I'm in the process of migrating a quite old Cyrus server from v2.4 -> v3. Right now, I'm on early steps and I've setup a 3.0 replica and I've been able to sync accounts without issue.

As part of my testing, I've browsed a few mailboxes with pine on the replica. However, this cause an update and now when I sync those users from the master server, I get a "higher modseq on replica" error and it bails out.

I think I can just sync_reset these users on the replica and re-sync them. However, I'm curious if I can "force" this to update (overwrite?) despite the change on the replica so that I don't need to wipe and redo these users?