cyrus imap 3.4 and restoring deleted mailboxes

Hi all,

I am running cyrus imap with delete_mode and expunge_mode=delayed. I
wrote a webmin module which helps me in restoring deleted messages and
mailboxes. It used unexpunge for mails and renamed deleted Mailboxes so
they would reappear, for example DELETED.user.example.subfolder.ABCDEFG
-> user.example.subfolder-ABCDEFG. If the user created a new mailbox
with the same name as the one that got deleted between delete and
restore, there would be no harm. Good enough for me.

Starting with 3.4 (tested with beta3 and rc1), it is not possible
anymore to rename deleted mailboxes (log says: "can't rename a deleted
mailbox") and unexpunge -l doesn't find messages that went down with the
deleted mailbox.

What's the official way to restore deleted mailboxes ?

Thanks,
Stephan