Re: Purging a user from the Cyrus database

i will answer all posts, as long, as mail mail is not removed with this text

Am Di., 10. Nov. 2020 um 02:39 Uhr schrieb Deborah Pickett <debbiep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Cyrus list,

Is there a canonical list of steps to completely purge a user from a
Cyrus server?

I need to remove a user from a 3.2 server.  Here is what I have already
done:

- Deleted the user from the linked LDAP database so that mailboxes won't
get automatically created again if someone sends a mail to them.
- Copied the filesystem folders containing the user's mailboxes to
offline storage.
- Deleted the user's mailboxes in `cyradm` (First running `sam` to
permit the cyrus user to run `dm`, then running `dm`).

I am happy to let these deleted mailboxes expire automatically after the
normal expiry period. Or I could force-delete them, whatever.

But I don't think I'm done yet.  There will still be mentions of the
user in various files in /var/lib/cyrus.  My understanding is that there
is no one file that corresponds to a "master list" of users, like there
would be in a traditional relational database. A user exists merely by
virtue of being mentioned in other databases.

Files in /var/lib/cyrus:

backups.db
annotations.db
deliver.db [*]
domain/x/xxxxx/quota/u/user.uuuuu
domain/x/xxxxx/shared.counters
domain/x/xxxxx/user/u/uuuuu.*
mailboxes.db [*]
shared.counters
statuscache.db
tls_sessions.db [*]
user/uuuuu.*
user_deny.db

I think the ones marked [*] will be taken care of for me in various
ways, but the others?  Do I have to manually run `cyr_dbtool delete` to
remove any mention of the user in these databases?  Can I just delete
the files matching uuuuu's name?

Also the user might be granted access to other mailboxes (shared or
other users) so am I going to have to run `cyradm` `dam` to clear out
any mention of the user?

--
Deborah Pickett
System Administrator