Re: Object Storage and Cyrus IMAP

Le 04/06/2020 à 10:23:12+0200, Marco a écrit
> Hello,
>
>    I see that Cyrus IMAP 3 can interface with some Object Storage such as
> Caringo or OpenIO.
>
> Is anyone using these solutions?
>
> I would like to know how I can find more details about these deployment,
> other than the brief description in imapd.conf man page.
>
> In particular I would like to know if these interfaces are stable and
> supported in future releases of Cyrus IMAP.
>
> Do you plan to add wider support to object storage, maybe by adopting some
> standard vendor independent?
>
> I thank you very much for every info you could provide.

No sure if my informations are still correct, but long time ago, I ask
openio about that. They say the connector between openIO and cyrus are
maintained by openIO, it's not opensource and you need to pay a licence.

And when Cyrus make a new release openio would make adjustment to make it
work.

I not sure who use that, but as I ear they(openIO) got few customer use
this solution on a very large scale > 1Po.

Regards
--
Albert SHIH
DIO bâtiment 15