Re: Cyrus 2.5.11 default domain on auth

On 05.08.2019 10:26, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
Thanks.
So this means that default domain is not treated as a virutal domain mailbox.
What I want to achieve is:
- if the user try to authenticate with name.lastname@xxxxxxxxxx , get into the specific user/name.lastname@xxxxxxxxxx mailbox
- if the user try to authenticate with name.lastname, authenticate against a default domain defdomain.com, and if it's correct, get into the specific user/name.lastname@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

How can I do this?

As far as I understand, this is impossible.

You can try to transfer information about the boxes and the boxes themselves from the places where you have it now,

to the place where the default domain should be. After that, run reconstruct.

But I'm not completely sure.

Gabriele

Da: Eugene V. Boontseff <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A: Gabriele Bulfon <gbulfon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Data: 3 agosto 2019 17.54.36 CEST
Oggetto: Re: Cyrus 2.5.11 default domain on auth

On 31.07.2019 11:42, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:

If I try adding defaultdomain, what happens is that authentication works both with and without specifying domain, but then you're not on your normal inbox of user/name.lastname@xxxxxxxxxx but somewhere else strange, a SELECT INBOX returns mailbox not found.

What's wrong? How can I achieve my goal?
Default domain mailboxes look like this: user/name.lastname

Thanks!
Gabriele

--
Eugene