Re: cyrus-imapd not starting after upgrade

Hi, Jan. Good to see you here. Thanks for your reply.

On 17/1/19 05:32, Jan Schneider wrote:

>>> Horde (Kronolith and Turba) have there own ClaDAV / CardDav Server,
>>> AFAIK Horde is at the moment not able to use cyrus as an Backend for
>>> its calendars and address books.
>>>
>>> Horde had support for Kolab, and the CalDAV / CardDAV in Cyrus is
>>> based on what Kolab did there. But the support in Horde has not been
>>> updated yet.
>>>
>>> So most likely you have configured your thunderbird to synchronize
>>> to horde and do not use the cyrus CalDAV / CardDAV feature
>>
>> Yes, I did it using the HTTP address provided by Horde for the
>> corresponding calendar. I thought Thunderbird needed that Cyrus support
>> from CalDAV / CarDAV to interact with Horde.

> Just for clarification: you can use Cyrus as a backend for address books
> and calendars in Horde, though not via CalDAV/CardDAV but via its
> generic IMAP backend (which has evolved from the Kolab backends). There
> is also a generic CalDAV backend support in Kronolith, but I haven't
> tested this with Cyrus' CalDAV server yet.

Thanks for the observation. I think that explains why when I have a
notification window for a calendar event in Thunderbird and I press a
button in that Window, the Postfix log shows an IMAP access. Something
like this:

----------
Jan 17 12:03:06 mail cyrus/imap[3326]: starttls: TLSv1.2 with cipher
ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits new) no authentication
Jan 17 12:03:06 mail cyrus/imap[3326]: login: localhost [::1] dbareiro
PLAIN+TLS User logged in
SESSIONID=<cyrus-3326-1547737385-1-15214487361350556980>
----------

By the way, if you have a moment to check the last message I sent in the
thread "Invalid VObject, line 1 did not follow the icalendar / vcard
format" in the Horde list, I would appreciate that. It's my response to
an email from Michael Rubinsky. In case it's helpful, I'm using Horde
Groupware Webmail Edition 5.2.22.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
Daniel