Re: cyrus-imapd not starting after upgrade

Zitat von Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas@xxxxxxx>:

Hi, Michael. Thanks for your reply.

On 16/1/19 04:19, Michael Menge wrote:

After that I managed to get the service is up and running (although I
have still doubt about the "http" line).

http is used for CalDAV / CardDav so is most likely in the cyrus-caldav
package.
This enables your cyrus server to store address books and calendars.

It seems that "http" does indeed enable CalDAV / CardDAV support with
the cyrus-caldav package. I had not thought of it :-) After installing
the package and uncommenting the "http" line, the error was not shown. I
will need this to synchronize calendars and tasks.

I guess it would have to work with this but Thunderbird shows a message
saying "the calendar is momentarily unavailable". It's weird because it
brought the information from Horde calendar and in fact I added a new
event in Thunderbird and it was shown by Horde. But when I pressed the
sync button this message was shown with an exclamation mark. But this
has already happened to me with Cyrus 2.4.17 and Thunderbird 60.x. I'm
thinking if it has to do with something on the side of Thunderbird 60.x
or Horde or the result of the interaction of both.

Horde (Kronolith and Turba) have there own ClaDAV / CardDav Server,
AFAIK Horde is at the moment not able to use cyrus as an Backend for
its calendars and address books.

Horde had support for Kolab, and the CalDAV / CardDAV in Cyrus is
based on what Kolab did there. But the support in Horde has not been
updated yet.

So most likely you have configured your thunderbird to synchronize
to horde and do not use the cyrus CalDAV / CardDAV feature

Yes, I did it using the HTTP address provided by Horde for the
corresponding calendar. I thought Thunderbird needed that Cyrus support
from CalDAV / CarDAV to interact with Horde.

I think I would just be missing solve the crash of the process when
trying to access a specific folder (I think it just happens with that).

----------
Jan 16 10:47:17 mail cyrus/imaps[10794]: Fatal error: Exists wrong 257
256 22 16596
Jan 16 10:47:17 mail cyrus/master[2694]: process type:SERVICE name:imaps
path:/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/imapd age:0.298s pid:10794 exited, status 75
----------

I was not able to find the cause yet. Maybe a problem with repeated
messages (that "257 256" makes me think about that) causes a process
crash? This had never happened to me with 2.4.17. Apparently, it only
happens with that folder. Yesterday I deleted all the messages there
using Thunderbird (they were cron jobs mails) and now I would have to
see the cron jobs that ran today, but I don't see anything. When I try
to open the folder, Thunderbird displays a message saying "Server
[mailserver] has disconnected. The server may have gone down or there
may be a network problem". Maybe the information in the folder is in an
inconsistent state for some reason after the upgrade?

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Just for clarification: you can use Cyrus as a backend for address books and calendars in Horde, though not via CalDAV/CardDAV but via its generic IMAP backend (which has evolved from the Kolab backends). There is also a generic CalDAV backend support in Kronolith, but I haven't tested this with Cyrus' CalDAV server yet.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project

----