Re: Initial use of Xapian

Quoting Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 11:25:12 -0600
Nic Bernstein <nic@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

I do understand that managing a project like this is quite a task
and v.3 is still young. Apart from the log issue and xapian I also
stumbled over other undocumented changes related to FreeBSD only I
think(?) in that binaries that before existed in bin/ are now
separated into sbin/ and libexec/, meaning that your scripts will of
course fail after the upgrade. I should produce a short writeup for
the FreeBSD camp.

nic> As for the FreeBSD path changing issues, that's up to the package
nic> creator.&nbsp; Please let them know.

I'm a maintainer of the FreeBSD ports of Cyrus IMAPd.
My understanding is that Cyrus IMAPd 3.X changed the directory layout
to separate sbin and libexec by default.  I did nothing special for
FreeBSD around here.  So, if the directory layout is same as 2.X, it
was changed by that distro, IMHO.

Yes, absolutely correct. It was a TL;DR from my side, sorry.

//per

----
To Unsubscribe: