Re: Deploying a replica server when a populated backend exists.

Quoting "Fabio S. Schmidt" <fabio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi !

I'm currently testing the replication engine in Cyrus 2.4.6, I was
able to setup a new backend and then deploy the replica sever. I have
some doubts about  deploy a replica server when the backend to be
replicated is already populated, I have tried and only the mailboxes
created after the first synchronization was replicated, is there any
way to replicate the mailboxes that were on the backend before the
sync?

man sync_client is your friend.

I guess you are running rolling replication, this will sync all
mailboxes when they change, which may take a while.
To do the initial sync you need to run sync_client -u or -m with
a list of all users or a list with all mailboxes. If you use sieve
you should use -u or you have to -s with a userlist to sync the
sievescripts

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
UniversitÃt TÃbingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fÃr Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WÃchterstraÃe 76
72074 TÃbingen

----