Re: limit tcp sessions opened by an IMAP client

Outlook 2007 has won the price..
It's a pity there is no options like, for a given address, no more than 5 simultaneous connexions

Dom

2009/4/14 Joseph Brennan <brennan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

LALOT Dominique <dom.lalot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> . I've seen once entourage on macosx ignoring 5xx code from our smtp
> server, and trying to upload a 50Mo file every minute.

Outlook will try every second, under some conditions!

Funny, I was thinking Outlook Express for this imap problem.  I've seen
it start a new imap login to see whether there's new mail in the inbox
it already has open (this is horrible in U Wash imap, where the new
session kills the older one).  If these were evenly timed, like every
5 minutes, I would have said Outlook Express.  But these are at irregular
intervals, so I think it's something else.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer

----

Dominique LALOT