Re: limit tcp sessions opened by an IMAP client

2009/4/14 Joseph Brennan <brennan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Strange to see so many logins spread over a short time.  They seem to
be in pairs, which is the way some clients start up.  I wonder if the
client thinks the connection has dropped, and so it starts new sessions.
I realize the server's netstat shows them as still connected.

It might be interesting to log sessions and see what's going on.  Or
to strace live processes.  And of course ask the user what it looks
like from his/her end.

That's what I will do. But I'm  trying to find configuration options to get the server stronger faced to bad behaved clients. I've seen once entourage on macosx ignoring 5xx code from our smtp server, and trying to upload a 50Mo file every minute.
I don't know what will be this one.

Dom

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer