Re: Cyrus questions, lost emails, reconstruct

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: Cyrus questions, lost emails, reconstruct
From: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Blake Hudson <blake@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, May 16, 2008 10:29:37 AM
my
own PAM module which denies all upper case usernames (we wanted all
lowercase). http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/pam_deny_uc/

Simon

There is a squirrelmail option for this...
$force_username_lowercase = true;

Thanks for the info, that's good to know.

The problem we had was that we had all kind of apps and just couldn't
check every single app whether it has a way to force lowercase usernames.
The group of apps was not limited to email related things like MTA's,
cyrus and others. The easiest way was to simply deny all uppercase
usernames, no matter where they came from.

Simon

We've done similar, authentication is case sensitive for both usernames and passwords - Using the mysql BINARY flag.

----