Re: LARGE single-system Cyrus installs?

Michael Bacon <baconm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have heard tell of funny behavior that ZFS does if you've got
> battery-backed write caches on your arrays.

/etc/system:

set zfs:zfs_nocacheflush=1

is your friend. Without that, ZFS' performance on hardware arrays with
large RAM caches is abysmal.

Some arrays do have the possibility to ignore these flush requests
although, but still following them when internal battery storage is faulted
or in phase of regeneration (alltogether with setting write-through-mode
on).

Pascal
----