Re: problem with admin-user

Philippe Trolliet wrote:
now i need to specify an admin user for every single domain because of the
@domain.com.
in FC4 everything worked fine with the single admin account cyrus without a
realm.

My comments may be completely irrelevant for you, because I don't use saslauthd, pam, mysql, virtdomains, or (shudder) Fedora Core, but are you sure you need the extra complexity? For example, I host mail for many different domains, but manage them under a single (portable) realm, with a single admin user. Users have no knowledge of the realm, and it isn't required for logins (which means I have the extra burden of keeping all logins unique). I just need to set the defaultdomain in imapd.conf, and add every user to sasldb2 as a member of that realm (I'm aware you're not using sasldb2, but maybe your realm issue is related).

I did this because I prefer bare logins. Although logins with appended realms have a certain logical appeal, I think it would still cause issues with users who don't understand realms. A bare login and password is easier to understand and explain, especially when multiple addresses are aliased to a single account. But I digress. If you're tied to your current system, this won't be of much help to you.

----