OT: Cyrus IMAP Interacting with Thunderbird 2.0

This is slightly off-topic; however, I've been referred here because the behavior we're seeing is unexplainable (as of yet).

I have Cyrus 2.3.8 on FreeBSD_6.1, and on a couple of Linux systems (Fedora Core 6).

When I update to Thunderbird 2.0, the delete button and menu function is disabled for the account that is on FreeBSD.

When I remain with or downgrade to Thunderbird 1.5, it is fine.

I posted a message to the Thunderbird forums and I'll continue to pursue it, perhaps by debugging, etc. However, I wanted to ask here to see if anyone might have a clue about why this happens. It's not due to anything theme-orientated, or plugins. (yes, I've done fresh installs in other locations, and get the same result).

The client machines are Windows (XP and Vista).

It's been suggested that there may be something different about Cyrus in the IMAP command sequence - but that seems very vague. I don't see why it shouldn't just work. I can try recompiling the FreeBSD port and see if that resolves it. I'm sure my libraries are up-to-date, and certainly if there were problems I would have seen it by now with other functions.

Thank you.

----