Re: Fatal error: failed to mmap cache file

Andrew Morgan wrote:
Well clearly there isn't enough memory available to mmap a file that large... :)

Thanks ;)

I'm more curious why that cyrus.cache file is so large. 6600 emails is not an unusually large amount to have in a mailbox. For example, I have a mailbox with 1739 messages in it, and the cyrus.cache file is only 1.6 MB. Maybe the cyrus.cache file is corrupted or retaining old cache entries? It should be safe to delete that file and reconstruct the mailbox, because no additional information is stored in the cache file which is not already present in the message files.

I too thought it was odd, nearly 50% of the size of the mailbox was the cache file itself. I did try what you suggested, and unfortunately the problem remained (atleast... I *think* I tried it...)

However... I've now fixed the problem

Turned out 95% of the mail in there was caused by a mail loop, and was NDRs. A quick grep and rm later, and I was down to a small mailbox, which when reconstructed then went back to working.

I think somewhere along the lines I might have found a bug... but I can't prove it :)

Thanks for your time Andrew

--
Ian P. Christian ~ http://pookey.co.uk
----