Re: [ Re: why does salspasswd2 always append a realm?]

Marten Lehmann wrote:
I don't know the reason for this error, but authentication with sasldb2 only works in my setup when I'm writing

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd auxprop

into imapd.conf (no auxpro_plugin option) and have saslauthd running, even when it isn't used.

I'm sorry, but this statement parses as nonsense. You have saslauthd running but it isn't used, and you have auxprop listed even though you don't have an auxprop. How exactly are you being authenticated?

And have you tried reading the logs? There is nothing mystical here -- everything is logged, including how your login and realm are parsed for authentication.

--
Jo Rhett
Network/Software Engineer