Re: IMAP sync tool (rsync for IMAP)

On Jan 3, 2007, at 9:20 AM, James Miller wrote:
I have 2 users left on an OLD Cyrus installation I want to get off and was hoping to use imapsync. It seemed to work just fine except dates of the
messages from the old server to the new were not retained.  All of the
messages have the date they were imported instead. I ran imapsync on the destination host, I wouldn't think that would make a difference - does it
matter?

/usr/bin/imapsync --syncinternaldates --host1 source.host --user1 bob \ --noauthmd5 --passfile1 /tmp/secret1 --host2 destination.host -- user2 bob \
--noauthmd5 --passfile2 /tmp/secret2

You need the syncinternaldates. Did you do a sync already without that option? You need to toast the destination and resync it to get the dates fixed...

--
Jo Rhett

----