Re: reconstruction problems

reconstruct -r just reads the DB, so yes the DB must be out of sync with the filesystem (not really "corruption" per se). reconstruct -r -f reads the DB *and* the filesystem, but would still probably be subject to the DB problem you're experiencing. When reconstruct finds mailboxes in the DB that aren't in the filesystem, it attempts to create it on disk. I think the System I/O error you're getting is the result of that attempt to re-create the mailbox. It ought to log something, in addition to displaying that error. The mailbox_create () routine returns IMAP_IOERROR in many places, the syslog should tell more about exactly *why* it's getting the error.

:wes