Real Time Cyrus user lookups [was: help with backscatter]

I am very close to having Real Time Cyrus working and performing user lookups to halt our backscatter problem. However, it appears to be skipping aliases, etc and trying to validate every email address as is, instead of resolving aliases to the underlying mailboxes. To complicate matters, all of the Sendmail maps are done in a database. Since aliases work fine without using mrs_cyrus_mailertable, I'm guess that is my issue. Any pointers are appreciated.

I have configured based on the RTCyrus docs for our domains as follows:

# configuration info

# Sendmail.mc:
FEATURE(`mrs')dnl
FEATURE(`mrs_cyrus')dnl
MAILER(`cyrusv2d')dnl Required release B if you use mrs_cyrus_mailertable

mailertable:

# directly specify errot message for non existing cyrus mailboxes
each.domain   mrs_cyrus_mailertable:error:5.1.1:550 User unknown

acess (if you want to accept message to the domains from anywhere):

to:1st.domain   RELAY
to:2nd.domain   RELAY
to:3rd.domain   RELAY

----