Re: shared mailboxes - all so present on the web - no light yet

Hello,

Am 13.12.2006 um 15:45 schrieb former03 | Baltasar Cevc:

I must admit that I don't fully understand what you want to achieve - because of that I can only give a generic hint: the most common problems are permissions. The delivery user must have Post ("p") permissions to the subfolder. For user+shared@xxxxxxxxxxx that would be user/user/ shared@xxxxxxxxxxx (or user.user.shared) - or INBOX.shared for the user.
Shared mailboxes are

I do have the following layout

localhost.example.com> lm user/user@xxxxxxxxxxx
user/user@xxxxxxxxxxx (\HasChildren)

localhost.example.com> lam user/user@xxxxxxxxxxx
user@xxxxxxxxxxx lrswipcda
cyrus lrswipcda

localhost.example.com> lm shared@xxxxxxxxxxx
shared@xxxxxxxxxxx (\HasNoChildren)

localhost.example.com> lam shared@xxxxxxxxxxx
user@xxxxxxxxxxx lrswipcda
anyone lrsp

What I can do is write a mail to "+shared@xxxxxxxxxxx" which is placed in the mailbox of "shared@xxxxxxxxxxx" <- this is the way I want it....

What I can't do is write a mail to"user+shared@xxxxxxxxxxx" this is placed in the inbox of "user/user@xxxxxxxxxxx" but I'd like it to be placed in the "shared@xxxxxxxxxxx" mailbox

I'm not even sure any more if this is doable. Also If i send to user +something@xxxxxxxxxxx (where the mailbox "something" does exist) I just gets delivered to INBOX. Chances are good I missed something major (preauthed lmtp delivery?)

martin

PS: Posting to the list again in case someone needs find this in the archives.

You can also use sieve to redirect mails to shared@xxxxxxxxxxx or user@xxxxxxxxxxx to the folder or something similar. Most WEb interfaces are unable to filter the mailbox extension (thats what the "shared" in user+shared@xxxxxxxxxxxx is called), though, so you'd probably want to create a dedicated user for that.

----