IMAP/POP traffic accounting

I believe there was some mention of this in the past, but I'm wondering whether there are any known efforts to implement network traffic accounting in the later versions of Cyrus, or if this is still something that hasn't been dealt with. I am pondering possibly tackling this, but I'm not really familiar with the Cyrus code and would rather not reinvent the wheel if it's already in the works.

On the surface, this appears to be fairly straight forward, what with the protocol abstraction already in place (where recording could be done at or around the same place as telemetry logging) ... or is there something I'm missing about this idea that makes it significantly more complicated than it first appears?

----