Re: performance on large inboxes

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Marten Lehmann wrote:

That was merged a long time back. doc/text/changes:

is it enabled by default? Or do I have to specify which headers in particular shall be cached?

It is enabled by default, but only applies to messages delivered after
you started to run 2.2.1 or later (unless you reconstruct).

Only a subset of X-Whatever headers are cached, but just about everything else is cached apart from the Received headers.

I should point out that the code in Cyrus is a significant improvement on my original version, courtesy of Rob Siemborski. The version in Cyrus makes it easy to add headers to the list which is cached.

--
David Carter                             Email: David.Carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502