Re: very slow syncing, any ideas?

Quoting Marten Lehmann <lehmann@xxxxxx>:

Hello,

i had much better performance with mailutil from UW-Imapd. It uses the IMAP-protocol like imapscyn but is not a scipt but a binary program and uses the imap APPEND command and does noe checks to see wich E-Mails are on the new server.

and I hope it only deletes messages from the old server if they are
transfered succesfully to the new server?

It does not Delete the messages at all.

Does it keep the flags of the
messages, too?

Yes, but i had to use "flushseenstate: 1"

Does it also create required folders

Yes

and subscribe them
(if they have been subscribed on the old server)?

Im not sure about this, but you can rund imapsync or other programs to du this afterwards

If you can answer
everything with "yes", then I definetely should have a look at it,
because while imapsync works well in general, it is really slow.

Regards
Marten
----

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen

----