Re: Failing to authenticate on the frontends

Jesus Roncero wrote:

Oops, I forgot about that detail. We locally patched referrals out of our IMAP proxies.

Umm, isn't there an option on the configuration to disable referrals? If not, do you have that patch available?

Also, one question on the communication between the frontends and backends. I made them speak using TLS and plain, but would like to use CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5 and no TLS at all. Is that possible? Because when I disable TLS and force it to use the MD5 thing, the frontend complains that there are no mechs available.

Umm, I got it to work using DIGEST-MD5, but apparently, all communications are encrypted after the authentication. Is there a way in which all the communications between the frontends and the backends are *not* encrypted, except, probably, the authentication dialog? I guess that's what CRAM-MD5 is for, but the frontend refuses to talk to the backend if it is presented with CRAM-MD5 only. Is there any way to do this or I am doing something really wrong? :)

--
Jesus Roncero <jesus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
System Developer

----