Re: Migrating from UW: Mailbox does not exist

Hi,

i had the same problem with the mailutils from UW-Imap.
You can simulate this behavior with

cm user.jorey.archive.reports.mail

cyrus would only create the folder user.jorey.archive.reports.mail as
normal Folder but not the parent directories.

I found no option to create the parent folders automaticly. So I had
to create the folderstructure by hand. Perhaps we should have such an
option in cyrus.

Have you tried the --justfolders option from imapsync?

Quoting Jorey Bump <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I just used imapsync to migrate some accounts from a UW server to Cyrus
IMAP. Things went fairly smoothly, except when encountering parent
directories that contained mboxes:

 From Folder mail/archive/reports : Could not select 2314
 NO SELECT failed: Can't open mail/archive/reports:
 not a selectable mailbox

When checked after migration with cyradm, I get:

 localhost> lam user.jorey.archive.reports
 Mailbox does not exist

But the subfolders were transferred properly:

 localhost> lam user.jorey.archive.reports.mail
 jorey lrswipkxtecda

I can fix the parent with cyradm by creating it:

 localhost> cm user.jorey.archive.reports

And now it behaves properly in my client, allowing messages to be
stored alongside subfolders.

I have another server to migrate, and would like these subdirectories
to be recreated properly during the process, as there are many more
accounts to move. Has anyone else encountered this and found a
solution? I couldn't identify an option in the imapsync documentation
or any way to apply this recursively to Cyrus mailboxes after
migration. Any tips are welcome.

----

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen

Hi,

i had the same problem with the mailutils from UW-Imap.
You can simulate this behavior with

cm user.jorey.archive.reports.mail

cyrus would only create the folder user.jorey.archive.reports.mail as normal Folder but not the parent directories.

I found no option to create the parent folders automaticly. So I had to create the folderstructure by hand. Perhaps we should have such an option in cyrus.

Have you tried the --justfolders option from imapsync?

Quoting Jorey Bump <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I just used imapsync to migrate some accounts from a UW server to Cyrus
IMAP. Things went fairly smoothly, except when encountering parent
directories that contained mboxes:

 From Folder mail/archive/reports : Could not select 2314