Re: Anyone with experience using imapsync

--On Monday, August 21, 2006 10:29:26 PM -0700 Rob Tanner <rtanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David,

I tried various combinations based on your suggestions.  The --prefix2
"INBOX."  was the most interesting.  Instead of userxyz, I ended up with
INBOXxyz.  Just a variation on the same problem.
One thing I did forget to mention.  The saslauthd program is pointing to
the shadow file at the moment, and none of the folks (ultimately I need
to move about 4,500 accounts) are in the shadow file.  I have to
eventually switch the pointer to LDAP but that requires some other prep
that I'm not yet ready for.  But could that possibly explain my problem?

I think that the fact that it's dropping the . when it is trying to access the destination folder is the key.

when you add the --prefix INBOX. you may have to quote it to have it keep the . in the name.

when I get home tonight I'll check the command line I've been useing at home.

David Lang

-- Rob